No items in your shopping cart.
Comar AIS-2-NMEA Features
The product’s unique features and benefits include:
- Dual-channel parallel AIS receivers: The AIS-2-NMEA includes two AIS receivers operating in parallel providing true dual-channel simultaneous reception of both Class A and Class B transponder signals. This ensures that all AIS transponder broadcasts are captured in real time.
- True NMEA output: Designed specifically for use with NMEA chart plotters using a standard RS422 interface.
- Support for 12 and 24 volt power: The AIS-2-NMEA can be powered by 12 or 24 volt DC allowing for installation in virtually any vessel’s power system.
- Easy installation: Connect a VHF antenna to the rear socket, connect the unit to your boats battery supply, connect the NMEA output to the NMEA input of your Chart Plotter and the unit is ready to receive AIS transmissions from vessels within VHF range.
- Use with dedicated antenna or splitter: Can be used with a dedicated VHF marine radio antenna or click here for information on using the ASR 100 Antenna Splitter.
- Reception: Both Class A and Class B transponders, plus Aids to Navigation.
- Power & channel LEDs
- Compact design: 4.75 in. x 3.5 in. x 1.5 in.
Comar AIS-2-NMEA AIS Receiver Specifications
|Receiving Channels||Dual Channel|
|Data Interface||NMEA RS422|
|Built-in Active VHF Antenna Splitter||No|
|Antenna Connection Type||PL259|
|Configurable Baud Rates||38400, 4800|
|DC Power Consumption||1.5 Watts|
|24 Volt Support||Yes|
|DC Power Source||9-30 volts DC|